Los Angeles News
- As yellow tier arrives, some LA County coronavirus rules remain tougher than state’son May 6, 2021
Los Angeles is the only Southern California county to advance to the yellow tier. The rest of the region remains in the slightly more restrictive orange tier.
- New career-readiness program to debut at Crenshaw High this fallon May 6, 2021
This coming school year, students in Crenshaw High School’s Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Medicine magnet program will have the opportunity to participate in a new initiative aimed at exposing students to business professionals and setting them up with an internship their senior year, the Los Angeles Unified School District announced on Wednesday, May 5.
- Los Angeles police officer arrested on suspicion of possessing child pornon May 6, 2021
James Diamond, 52, of Long Beach, was arrested by Long Beach police on Wednesday morning.
- After series of mishaps, Hawthorne-based SpaceX successfully lands Starship SN-15 prototypeon May 6, 2021
The milestone achievement paves the way for more ambitious tests of a rocket that founder Elon Musk envisions as a future workhorse for trips to the moon and Mars.
- Mild weather for rest of the week after warm Wednesday in inland Southern Californiaon May 5, 2021
It was a hot day for folks in inland areas on Wednesday, but meteorologists said the weather for the rest of the week should go back to normal.