Los Angeles News
- Chauvin verdict ‘one small step toward justice,’ Southern California activists sayon April 21, 2021
The verdict in the May 25 death of George Floyd is a watershed moment, African American activists and faith leaders say, but the fight for racial equality and justice continues.
- LA County leaders: Chauvin verdict brings hope, but work continueson April 21, 2021
The responses from Los Angeles County’s local leaders — in statements, via email or on Twitter — echoed sentiments heard across the nation.
- LA County to triple number of electric-car charging stationson April 21, 2021
Supervisors Janice Hahn and Sheila Kuehl co-authored a motion to create a “Zero Emission Infrastructure Plan” focused on expanding the number of charging stations countywide.
- LA County DA George Gascón details plans for new crime reduction divisionon April 21, 2021
The reform-minded district attorney says the new division, which replaces the office’s Hardcore Gang Unit, will “treat community violence through a collaborative public health approach.”
- Southern California elected officials react to Chauvin verdicton April 21, 2021
Officials from throughout the region weigh in on the verdict announced Tuesday, April 20.