Los Angeles News
- Emissions drop slightly in 2020, but Port of LA expects bleak picture this year because of supply chain logjamon October 22, 2021
The results for the 2020 emissions inventory, which the port published on Thursday, Oct. 21, were surprising, said Christopher Cannon, director of port Environmental Management.
- South LA school thought to be first in county to reclose campus because of coronaviruson October 22, 2021
View Park Preparatory High closed its campus to students this week due to a coronavirus outbreak, and is believed to be the first school in Los Angeles County to reclose because of the pandemic since the 2021-22 school year began.
- System of a Down postpone Banc of California Stadium shows due to positive COVID-19 teston October 22, 2021
The shows have been rescheduled to Feb. 4 and 5, 2022.
- LA County’s COVID infections less severe, but still widespread, Ferrer sayson October 21, 2021
Another 1,167 COVID infections were reported Thursday, giving the county a pandemic total of 1,481,814. The county on Thursday reported another 27 COVID-19 deaths, raising the overall death toll from the pandemic to 26,499.
- $36 million Town Square & Promenade, part of LA Waterfront redevelopment, celebrated as completeon October 21, 2021
The town square is now open to the public, but the promenade, which is within the West Harbor construction area, will remain closed off.