- Coronavirus tracker: California reported 2,956 new cases and 86 new deaths as of May 4by Jeff Goertzen on May 5, 2021 at 9:44 pm
The state reported 37 fewer hospitalizations from the previous day, lowering the total hospitalizations of those infected with the coronavirus to 1,893.
- 61 migrant children at Long Beach, Pomona centers are being treated for COVID-19by City News Service on May 5, 2021 at 8:20 pm
“The cases are either all asymptomatic or very mild symptoms,” said Zhan Caplan of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. “The children are getting excellent care from UCLA Health, our medical provider.”
- Biden, on taco run, touts restaurant relief programby The Associated Press on May 5, 2021 at 7:36 pm
The president stressed that restaurants have historically been one of the first rungs on the economic ladder, a chance to move upward that was undermined by the virus.
- Knott’s Berry Farm ready to bring back coasters and rides after 13-month coronavirus closureby Brady MacDonald on May 5, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Knott’s reopens with rides and attractions to season passholders on Thursday, May 6 after a yearlong closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 6 ways to help your dog deal with being alone all day as the coronavirus pandemic wanesby Richard Guzman on May 5, 2021 at 2:08 pm
If you’re going back to work outside of your home, follow these tips to make sure your dog doesn’t suffer from separation anxiety.