- State releases additional guidance on COVID-19 testing for water polo, footballby Dan Albano on March 4, 2021 at 1:52 am
The state’s testing task force announces that public schools can partner with a lab in Santa Clarita at no cost, and the testing can be completed once a week, even in water polo, which plays multiple games per week.
- L.A. County detects more UK variant and now Brazil mutationby David Rosenfeld on March 4, 2021 at 12:11 am
The presence of variants means public officials are still wary even as the county inches closer to reopening high schools.
- Coronavirus tracker: California reported 4,389 new cases, 278 new deaths as of March 2by Jeff Goertzen on March 3, 2021 at 11:38 pm
Statewide 192 fewer hospitalizations were reported Tuesday related to the virus.
- New York coronavirus variant identified in Southern California, Gov. Newsom saysby Hunter Lee on March 3, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Barbara Ferrer, the director of public health for Los Angeles County, said during a Wednesday afternoon briefing that officials identified one case of the Brazilian variant in the county last week.
- Former Rep. Katie Hill, ex-husband hope to settle restraining order spatby City News Service on March 3, 2021 at 10:28 pm
The judge in the case said he was extending the temporary restraining order Judge Anne Richardson granted Hill on Dec. 8 until April 30.