- South LA school thought to be first in county to reclose campus because of coronavirusby Linh Tat on October 22, 2021 at 12:29 am
View Park Preparatory High closed its campus to students this week due to a coronavirus outbreak, and is believed to be the first school in Los Angeles County to reclose because of the pandemic since the 2021-22 school year began.
- LA County’s COVID infections less severe, but still widespread, Ferrer saysby City News Service on October 21, 2021 at 11:06 pm
Another 1,167 COVID infections were reported Thursday, giving the county a pandemic total of 1,481,814. The county on Thursday reported another 27 COVID-19 deaths, raising the overall death toll from the pandemic to 26,499.
- Vaccination check in Bay Area a preview of LA County mandateby David Allen on October 21, 2021 at 10:12 pm
In four days in Berkeley and San Francisco, visiting columnist David Allen showed his vaccination card eight times in various settings. He didn’t mind.
- Can new variants of the coronavirus keep emerging?by Associated Press on October 21, 2021 at 8:05 pm
New variants can keep coming, but that doesn’t mean they will emerge as regularly, or that they’ll be more dangerous than current ones.
- California jobless claims soar to highest since April; US numbers fallby George Avalos on October 21, 2021 at 3:48 pm
The jump of 17,600 unemployment claims marked the largest one-week increase since the seven-day period that ended on April 3.