- Biden chides Republican governors who resist vaccine rulesby Associated Press on August 4, 2021 at 2:30 am
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Tuesday called on resistant Republican governors to “get out of the way” of vaccine rules aimed at containing the more transmissible and dangerous COVID-19 variant. He backed city and private mandates requiring people to be vaccinated to go about some daily activities.
- Coronavirus: L.A. County reported 2,293 new cases and 20 new deaths, Aug. 3by Jeff Goertzen on August 3, 2021 at 11:49 pm
Los Angeles County public health officials reported 2,293 new cases of the coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases to 1,307,970 as of Tuesday, Aug. 3. The total number of cases represents 13% of Los Angeles County’s population. Officials reported 20 new deaths linked to the coronavirus, for a total 24,704 deaths since tracking began.
- LA County reports rise in COVID-19 cases at highly vaccinated nursing centersby City News Service on August 3, 2021 at 11:46 pm
The county reported another 2,293 COVID-19 infections on Tuesday, raising the cumulative number from throughout the pandemic to 1,307,970. Another 20 fatalities were also reported, giving the county an overall death toll of 24,704.
- DeSantis won’t move on masks as Florida COVID wards swellby Associated Press on August 3, 2021 at 11:06 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday downplayed a spike in COVID-19 cases that’s shattered state hospitalization records and strongly reiterated his vow not to impose a mask mandate or any business restrictions.
- Supervisors Hahn, Kuehl urge vaccine/testing mandate for LA County workersby Staff and news service reports on August 3, 2021 at 10:24 pm
If approved, the motion would ask the county CEO, attorneys and Department of Human Resources to develop a vaccination policy for employees within 15 days, requiring them “to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or be tested at least once per week.”