- LA County reports another 5,087 coronavirus cases on Thanksgiving as dining bans kick inby Staff and news service reports on November 26, 2020 at 11:42 pm
County public health officials posted another 37 coronavirus-related deaths and 1,809 hospitalizations. Many restaurants were forced to cancel outdoor dining Thursday, limited to takeout or delivery service.
- Dozens of workers at Canoga Park company to get coronavirus sick leave, back pay after Labor probeby Staff report on November 26, 2020 at 9:36 pm
Delta Fabrication wrongly paid workers just two-thirds of their regular wages when they took coronavirus-related sick leave, a violation of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, the Labor Department said.
- Disney theme park division lays off another 4,000 employees, bringing total to 32,000by Brady MacDonald on November 26, 2020 at 6:33 pm
In a new U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Disney discloses another 4,000 layoffs at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products in addition to 28,000 layoffs at the division announced in September.
- CIF State would move boys volleyball to spring if fall season canceledby Dan Albano on November 26, 2020 at 4:42 am
CIF State executive director Ron Nocetti says the move has been discussed because boys volleyball was already canceled because of the pandemic this past spring and could face being shut down for two seasons.
- UCLA-Cal State Fullerton women’s basketball opener postponed by delayed COVID-19 test resultsby Tarek Fattal on November 26, 2020 at 12:37 am
A delay in receiving the Titans’ test results leads to a lengthy delay before the game is called off. The game is scheduled to be made up on Friday at 4 p.m. at Pauley Pavilion.