- LAPD officer dies of injuries sustained while conducting traffic control in South LAby City News Service on March 4, 2021 at 3:14 am
Officer Jose Anzora was struck Friday evening while outside his vehicle near Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Trinity Street
- Gov. Newsom says he and MLB in ‘advanced talks’ about letting fans attend games this seasonby Hunter Lee on March 4, 2021 at 3:14 am
Newsom, however, offered few specifics on Wednesday.
- Coronavirus: L.A. County reported 1,759 new cases, 116 new deaths and 26 fewer hospitalizations as of March 3by Jeff Goertzen on March 4, 2021 at 2:19 am
Los Angeles public health officials reported 1,759 new cases of the coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases to 1,195,913 as of Wednesday, March 3. Officials said there were 116 new deaths linked to the coronavirus, for a total 21,699 deaths since tracking began. According to official counts, there were 1,476 hospitalizations as of Wednesday.
- Hawthorne-based SpaceX’s latest Starship prototype lands upright, but then explodesby Associated Press on March 4, 2021 at 1:30 am
Futuristic craft looked like it aced a touchdown Wednesday, but then exploded on the landing pad with so much force that it was hurled into the air.
- L.A. County detects more UK variant and now Brazil mutationby David Rosenfeld on March 4, 2021 at 12:11 am
The presence of variants means public officials are still wary even as the county inches closer to reopening high schools.