- After series of mishaps, Hawthorne-based SpaceX successfully lands Starship SN-15 prototypeby Staff and news service reports on May 6, 2021 at 12:14 am
The milestone achievement paves the way for more ambitious tests of a rocket that founder Elon Musk envisions as a future workhorse for trips to the moon and Mars.
- Mild weather for rest of the week after warm Wednesday in inland Southern Californiaby Emily Rasmussen on May 5, 2021 at 11:39 pm
It was a hot day for folks in inland areas on Wednesday, but meteorologists said the weather for the rest of the week should go back to normal.
- LA Councilmember Nithya Raman seeks more money for affordable housingby City News Service on May 5, 2021 at 11:21 pm
Raman also called for a greater investment in public safety alternatives.
- Coronavirus tracker: California reported 2,956 new cases and 86 new deaths as of May 4by Jeff Goertzen on May 5, 2021 at 9:44 pm
The state reported 37 fewer hospitalizations from the previous day, lowering the total hospitalizations of those infected with the coronavirus to 1,893.
- 61 migrant children at Long Beach, Pomona centers are being treated for COVID-19by City News Service on May 5, 2021 at 8:20 pm
“The cases are either all asymptomatic or very mild symptoms,” said Zhan Caplan of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. “The children are getting excellent care from UCLA Health, our medical provider.”